Question of the day: Do you guys use the Instant Pot? I’m serious when I tell you that it’s my very favorite appliance. Because naturally this is where I am in life…the age where I actually have a favorite appliance. I never thought I’d arrive in this place, and yet, here I am. Mid 30’s and all about the home appliances.
I have SO MANY healthy (and okay, maybe a few not so healthy) recipes that I cook in the Instant Pot on a regular basis. And Super Sweet Husband (Ty) is a bigger fan of the Instant Pot than I am, even. That’s saying A LOT.
This little contraption has 100% replaced the slow cooker that used to be my go-to on particularly busy days, has helped me on countless occasions to drastically speed up my weekly meal prep, and has basically changed the way I cook proteins…maybe, forever? It’s a convenience that I never knew I needed until I had it.
I have so much fun with it, I thought I’d share some of my all time best recipes with my followers!
- Instant Pot Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers: If you’re able to have dairy, brown rice, and GF breadcrumbs, this recipe from Cooking Light is just for you. And it. is. the. bomb.
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla-less Soup: There ain’t nuttin’ better than some hot soup on a cold, January day. This recipe is from 40 Aprons, is 100% YUM, and is also Whole30 approved.
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chicken Curry over Cauli-Rice: I’m a tough critic on curry, but this is one of my favorite recipes ever. It is filling, and delicious, and has a little kick. From The Real Food Dietitians, this recipe is also Whole30, Paleo and Keto compliant.
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken: This one is Keto compliant, and contains dairy. From Adventures of a Nurse, this recipe is HIGHLY delectable. *Note: I usually use low sodium (or homemade) ranch seasoning, chicken broth as a replacement for the water, and about 3 cups of raw broccoli (I stir this in on the sauté function just after the chicken is complete and the cheese is melted until the broccoli is cooked through).
- Instant Pot Whole30 Chocolate Lava Cakes: YES, you can even make dessert in this thing!
When you try these puppies out, definitely note how much time you save (and also how tender and delicious the protein is, despite the different method of cooking). You won’t be disappointed! I swear.
Thanks for reading! Xo.