It turns out this blogging thing is more fun than I’d originally thought it would be. Although, let’s be clear, I’m easing into things and keeping it high-level so far. But I’m already learning a ton about myself in the process. I definitely needed a creative outlet, and to do some things I enjoy again.
Just so you know, Saturdays are typically busy in the Y household. Super Sweet Husband (Ty) always wakes up early to play disc golf; I always go to the gym first thing; then, we run errands, clean the house, do laundry, meal plan, etc. – add in football games, dog walking, and social activities and we have ourselves a pretty nice little Saturday! Don’t we sound exciting?!
“Maybe Bed Bath and Beyond, I don’t know – I don’t know if we’ll have enough time.” I can really just never resist a good Old School reference…
Today, the University of Texas vs. Texas Christian University (my alma mater – go Horned Frogs!) game was on. Ty is a die hard UT fan, so we are always a house divided for this game. It was after the game that I realized I was completely depleted AND that it’s been months since I had a Self-care Saturday! Naturally, I knew that today was THE day for all the spa treatments!
You guys, my regime is really very simple:
- I always begin with a nice, long charcoal mask – this one’s my favorite: GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment
- When the mask is dry, I jump directly into a steamy shower, rinse my face, and whip out some L’Occtaine Oil. I am always immediately relaxed by the decadent smell, and it makes my skin feel soft to the touch.
- Next, have you tried any facial products from Fresh? Fresh is a thing, ya’ll. And you need to get on board. Every product I’ve tried has left my face feeling completely refreshed, but the Peony Brightening Foam Face Cleanser is Where. It’s. At.
- Then, body exfoliation is the key. Give this one a try (it’s both divine and cost efficient): Ulta Coconut Cream Exfoliating Body Scrub
- Towel dry and toss some Unite 7Seconds Leave-In Detangler in your hair. I like to let my hair air dry – who wants to fuss with the blowdryer when you’re trying to relax?!
- Grab your handy Philosophy Fresh Cream Body Lotion and lather.
- Finally, spritz with Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist – this stuff is just the best, and I use it almost every day after the gym, as well as on Spa Day.
- Last, pick up a good book, turn on some white noise, and sip on some Cucumber Water (recipe below), and you’ve got yourself a Spa Day – right in your own home. What’s better for your mental health on a busy Saturday afternoon than that!?
Just look at this fresh face, would ya?